Totally Tennyson is entering its 7th year on April 29th 2017.
Do you have a passion to support public schools? Help move the needle in schools with high poverty, provide balance with trends in gentrification, support schools for all students on the path of success? Do you want to support local, unique businesses? Tired of traditional fundraisers and want to bring your own flavor of fun? Combine these into one unique position you won't find anywhere else!
Overview – The Executive Producer serves as TT’s chief operating officer and is responsible for its overall management and reporting duties. The EP reports directly to the President of Hoopla Inc. and works closely with and oversees all committee heads, staff, volunteers and interns. The Executive
Producer will represent TT at key functions and is expected to promote the mission and values of the
Mission – “A fun community event that benefits local public schools while highlighting our local businesses”
Vision – Totally Tennyson is a 70s-80s-90s-themed street crawl event style fundraiser celebrating all things from those decades. There will be hubs of activity all along the street where ticket holders mingle with public at eateries and bars and ticket provides access to complimentary tastes or special menu pricing on food, drink, or music/entertainment supplied by the generous Tennyson Street businesses. A cash costume contest and a performance by the Ultimate 80s Experience, 6 Million Dollar Band culminate the evening at the Oriental Theater where admission is restricted to ticket holders and VIP allows access to the balcony.
• Exceptional nonprofit management skills; strong understanding of what it means to lead; and a deep
commitment to the mission and values of Totally Tennyson.
• The ability to function in all types of situations in order to get the job done and the event successful.
• The ability to motivate others to action in a fun environment while maintaining our excellent
reputation in our community.
• Detail oriented and ability to work within Salesforce database to record and monitor all necessary interactions, contacts and tasks. Previous experience with Salesforce preferred but not required. Some database experience highly recommended.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Experiences with all Word products, social media and cloud based tools a must.
• Background or experience with marketing, public relations, graphic design strongly encouraged
• Previous event planning experience required.
• Experience with non-profit organization, events or fundraising strongly encouraged.
• This is a part-time seasonal, contract position.
• Contract starts October 1st through May 31st, 36 week duration.
• Time estimated at 10-15 hours per week over a 36 week contract at $100/week or $4,000 through completion of contract.
• Small expense account
• Opportunity for bonus of up to 25% total contract based on achieving preset milestones and goals.
To apply for this job email your resume and 3 references to Lauren Wolf firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted through end of day September 15th.